Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Progress Report (Week of 7/20-7/27)

What I accomplished the past week:
I have been able to add the teacher and student features on the website. Users can now register as either a public user or as a student. A student user will be able to register a class based off of a list of classes. This type of registration does not need any email addresses. Only public users are able to create classes, while both public and student users can register in multiple classes. Users have a main page where they manage all of their classes. Finally, I have been able to port my code over to a Linux machine given by Ben Shippe.

The website is located on <http://shippb.stu.rpi.edu/csdt>. This is still in testing mode and not ready for production yet.

What I plan to do next week:
I plan to continue fixing up the bugs that are occurring due to porting my code over to the Linux machine. These include fixing up the sending of email through SMTP and fixing up the registration process so that people have to enter in valid things in the text fields. Moreover, I will continue attempting to port my code over to the production server.

Concerns:
None

No comments:

Post a Comment