Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Progress Report (Week of 9/28-10/05)

What I accomplished the past week:
I finished redesigning the url routing system for the website. Now the framework has checks in place to verify user permissions as well as checking the validity of the link in question.

A new registration process has been implemented. It works by having two registration phases. The first one asks the user for their name and their email address. The website will then send an email to them with a link to the second part of the registration. This part is where the user enters in their desired username and password. The database does not store any information regarding a user who does not completely finish their registration. This is because the link sent through the confirmation email contains the user's name and email, which is encrypted using a public-private key algorithm. The framework does a validation check on each url to confirm that the link hasn't been tampered with.

I also fixed up the website's navigation website by changing the previous look and feel of the site. To achieve this, I got rid of the side bar login screen and decided to include these components at the top of the page. Next, I moved the search option up to the header to open up the side bar. Now, only web pages that need the side bar can use it; otherwise other pages can use that space. I also got rid of the banner images on each and every page. Finally, I was able to make all footers stick to the bottom of the page.

What I plan to do next week:
I plan to implement the password recovery system and to start the re-design of a user's profile page.

Concerns:
None

No comments:

Post a Comment